Friday, May 16, 2008

How big is your carbon footprint?


So with everyones talking about reducing your carbon footprint, what have you been doing?

I know I've been trying hard to reduce my carbon footprint by taking shorter showers, turning off the faucet when I'm brushing my teeth, switching off lights when I'm not in the room, printing on both sides of a piece of paper and much more!

During my environmental science class, my professor suggested that we should take a look at how big our personal carbon footprint is. She gave us 2 websites that can help us do just that.

www.carbonfootprint.com
This site seem more precise since they asked many questions ranging from your housing to your daily food consumption and much more. Take your time and fill out everything you do throughout the year to accurately figure out your footprint.

www.zerofootprint.net
This one helps you quickly calculate your carbon footprint but did not have to put as much information. It was easy to find where to put in your information and quickly calculated.

So what are you waiting for, go see how big your carbon footprint is!!

Stay tuned, more next time!!

No comments: